Thursday, March 27, 2008

If only... (Part 3/3)

The final part of this Centron story. If you haven't been following, here's the beginning.

I was glad when I want to get a few new transistors and I didn't find Chloe waiting for me. I'd have gone somewhere else, if I'd trusted another shop to have what I needed. But this was a special electronics store for a special clientel. The owner was a bit strange and looked as if he had been shocked one to many times. But that's okay, I'm not exactly normal and the guy is a genius when it comes to hardware. However, whenever I deal with him, he looks at me like he wants to take me apart. We also usually don't do small talk, which I like but this time he felt talkative.
"Your friend isn't here today. It's strange because she came here every other day"
She probably finally came to her senses and stopped chasing dreams. What is it with humans and their dreams? I can barely remember what they were like, but -
"Must have something to do with that guy yesterday." The shop keeper continued "Seemed like a big agrument and him then dragging her off like that."
My thought patrons stopped and suddenly my mind flooded with the electronic chatter. Radio waves are everywhere and it's gotten worse with the global WiFi project. And I can feel them all, like waves carrying botled messages that keep crashing into me. The police band shouted in my ear.
< ... female caucassian child found dead ... battered ... assualted ... identification Carpenter, ... father wanted for questioning ... whereabouts unknown ...>
If only I - Suddenly I could actually hear something clicking in my positronic brain. The presence that lingered called out for access. Within moments my very thoughts directed the central processing unit of the moon base to start the facial recognition software via three satelites and a local router. The police might not know where he is, but I had found my target and only one thought remained. It was as if I watched from a distance as the body that I currently possess flew out of the store and headed to the nearby motel.
It wasn't hard to find him. It's as if he wanted to be found, as if he was rubbing it in.
The door did not demonstrate to be an obstacle. And then I was face to face with a man, if you could even call it that. Within moments I had him pinned against the wall. He wasn't that though against some one his own size. "I didn't do it, whatever you think I did, I'm innocent" I let him ramble on a bit as my hand squeezed down on his neck. The presence cried out for blood, drained fresh from the fleshy creature. My hand shook as it desired to be bathed in the red substance. Every thought went out to the small girl who had asked for my autograph, the one person in the world maybe worth saving. But I was held back by a final memory. "They bring the bad guys to justice".
It didn't take long to drop him off at the nearest police station, and I waited long enough to see them cuff him and drag him in.

So here I am, standing on a tall appartement building. I've already contacted Shade and he's on his way so I just need to stall a bit. The van speeds around the corner, money bills fly out as the driver punches the gas once more. From here I can see that he's covered in scales, so this should prove to be interesting. Let's be a hero.

No comments: