Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Save me... (Part 2/3)

The continuation of the Centron story I posted yesterday

I honestly can't understand girls. I've found it more difficult to relate to humans since my recent accident but young girls are a completely seperate enigma. Especially this one. The self-proclamed biggest fan named Chloe just became quiet and stared for a while, as if she gathered up all her courage.
"Could I have your autograph?"
This sounded a bit too familair for my taste. All I wanted was a metagraph for my analysis...
"I'm sorry, I think you have me confused with some one else"
The small girl gave me a look indicating that there weren't a lot of cyborgs walking around New York these days.
"Nope, you're definitly the super hero; Centron"
"I'm no hero, small human"
"But you stopped a murdering robot and vanquished a terrible vampire"
This is one well-informed girl.
"It's more complex than that, there's more to being a hero than just killing bad guys"
Chloe seemed startled by what I said.
"Of course there is, heroes don't kill 'em, they bring the bad guys to justice"
This is where I gave in. I wasn't in the mood and had a space ship to repair. I tore off a piece of the receipt I got and cribble my name. Chloe beams with excitement as I give her the paper.
"Thank you very much. I'll treasure this. But I'd better get going before my dad gets angry at me for staying away for so long."
She runs away and I walk into an alley. I jump up and take flight. It takes me about two minutes to leave Earth's atmosphere and this usually gives me time to think. This time I thought up new and inventive ways for Shade to do these pick ups for me.

Unfortunatly a few days later I find myself in the city yet again. The thermal transducer broke which I needed for my infra red spectral analysis of the ship. I was quite suprised when I saw Chloe standing next to the electronics shop where I had met her a while ago. When she saw me, she jumped up and run towards me.
"I knew you'd be back. I've been coming here everyday after school in the hope of seeing you. No one believed me at school when I said I met you."
"What is it you want this time, child? You already have my autograph"
She suddenly looked down.
" ... I lost that ... but I have a better proposal"
"Which would be?"
"Well... could I be your sidekick?"
"Why would I need a sidekick?"
As I said this, the prospect of some one to pick up stuff did seem very appealing.
"Eeuhm... I'd always be by your side, helping you fight crime, delivering witty comments when the oppurtunity presented itself and you'd come and save me whenever I get kidnapped and stuff."
However the annoyance of coming down every few days to shop seemed less than that of having to babysit a child. I have enough of that with Shade.
"Sorry, not really interested"
With that I walked away but I had a feeling she wasn't going to give up just yet.

No comments: