Friday, March 7, 2008

Rising Sun (pt 1)

Rising Sun Corp.
MEMO: 1789.2.15 (ARCHIVED)

I've acquired the data core and have sent it along the agreed delivery route.

As I mentioned in my last report (index 1789.2.07), contact was made with Nathaniel Hawk and an agreement was reached for him and his crew to retrieve the data core from the Prometheus research station.
After a single meeting, I directed him towards Jim's Used Space Ship Lot where I had made agreements to have the Firefly-class ship X-913 delivered upon payment of 2100 credits. A point of interest on the character of Captain Hawk is that even though he was made aware of the arrangement, the proprietor of the ship yard managed to swindle the full 3000 credits that I had given Nathaniel for the ship and repairs.
After inspecting the ship, Nathaniel hired a crew to do the job.
The first he hired was a pilot by the name of Luz. I would like to note that I'm unsure at this point if this man is a danger to our operation. Outwardly he seems innocent, but he searched his own ship various times for listening devices, obstructing any attempts I would make to place them. My sources also tell me that he throughly investigates any abnormalities that might indicate tampering. I have put in a request for a more detailed background check on Luz.
Nathaniel also hired a mechanic. A second troublesome figure, who might be a problem. I tried my own background check on the mechanic but could not find a single record on the cortex. Thus far I have even been unable to confirm his name. The only thing I can report is that he attires himself in black garments with black sun glasses and never goes anywhere without a gun.
Nathaniel also has taken on a companion, Morena. At first she was a passenger but now she has permanently taken residence in one of the ships shuttles. I've been unable to find anything out of the ordinary about her but I'm going to get in touch with my contacts within the Guild.

Despite my original doubts, the crew performed admirably and efficiently in retrieving the data core. Morena and the mechanic swiftly acquired the location of the Prometheus station from Harker, who as I had reported had in turn learned the location from merchants who had stumbled across the station.

However it should be noted that Nathaniel showed some questionable behavior. While on the mission to retrieve the data core, he also took along some passengers and some cargo, namely a race horse bound for Beaumonde. My sources tell me that on route to Beaumonde the crew woke up to find the horse missing without a trace. One of the passengers by the name of Don was then discovered covered in blood and eating an unknown meat-like substance. He's also reported to have been very delusional. The response of Captain Hawk was to dump the horse container on Whitefall and abandon the passenger on Beaumonde.
I've sent a more detailed report to the psycho-analysts to determine if this kind of behavior can be used to our advantage.

Following the psychological report and background checks, I believe that this crew has potential and it would be in the best of the companies interest to keep an eye on them. I also strongly recommend them for any future mission that need to be run in this area.

Regards,

Black

No comments: